Saturday, June 28, 2008

Clannad Movie. Thoughts.

Well. Finally. Whee. Okay! First off, the whole Clannad story reminds me of my boyfriend and I to begin with. He was anti-social, angry guy that only liked his friends and passed school, but only went as much as he had to and didn't like anything or anyone - according to him - until I came around. He has brown hair and blue eyes, too, which Tomoya has blue hair, but he has blue eyes. The way that Tomoya described Nagisa is how Kell describes me, even though it makes no sense to me, but .. with the loving her because of her odd light and energy and the way she sings weird little kid theme songs and likes the strangest things and was in drama - I did all those interest wise and that's how Kell describes me and explains why he likes me - because I was so much more energetic and nice than him, but.. yeah.. it's creepy. I have brown hair and brown eyes, too.

But that's not the real reason, it's more about the having a kid together. Kell did not abandon his child but we have talked about what would happen if I died and he used to say that he wouldn't be able to take care of Azalea or anything anymore and he would be too depressed to do anything - so when I saw the movie and saw that was how Tomoya had become, it was a bit freaky. Ushio is 5 years old, too, in the movie, and my daughter is 5. But. I'm alive. So yay, I think.

But! I loved the movie. I liked it more than the anime in the Tomoya and Nagisa sense, but I love the anime nonetheless. Nagisa's personality was much better in the movie - I like how she knew Tomoya liked her and stayed around him despite his initial attempts to push her away and sharing the strangest things with her (Kell did that, too) and her attitude in general was just adorable. I loved her anyway from the beginning of the anime, but Kell and I were both like, 'Awwwwwww' when Nagisa first turned up on screen in the movie, she's just so cute.

She also kind of looks like Rena from Higurashi and is voiced by the same voice actress, so Kell has a special place for that reason. Hehe.

Nagisa's performance in the movie was amazing, too, I liked it a lot more than the climactic performance of the anime - their dreams met each other and he embraced Nagisa, realizing he loved her, it was so cute and her in that wedding dress was sooo beautiful.

But.. The relationship between them was great and I loved the nigthmares of Tomoya, they were very creepy, but beautiful to watch and see them change. As always, I love Nagisa's family... so much.. they're so cute, whee. Her dad is one of my favorite male voice actors, too.

The scenes of Tomoya in the present day being totally depressed were sad, though, especially in the scene where he talked about how his real life was his world of nothingness now and he wanted to know when his world without Nagisa would end.. It sounded pretty suicidal, which is why I guess they come and get him the next day - and because his father can see this, too.

The final scene of the movie is so beautiful, though, one of my favorite, ever, in anything. It's absolutely adorable, but I can't blame him for avoiding her since it seems like he hasn't seen her much or at all since Nagisa had her and died and she looks EXACTLY like Nagisa. She's also the girl with the robot in the magical world in the anime, also in a picture in my sidebar. The female gene is very strong in the Furukawa family, it seems because all the girls resemble each other so much, but that's okay, they are super adorable and I love them. <3

The ending, though, aw. I know that there are other ways the story can go where they still both die, which is what happened in the anime I am pretty sure, and why they are in the hidden world trying to rebuild Nagisa, but.. at the end of the movie, Tomoya and Ushio finally get together and you can just see that he won't be going away from her again.

I love the Clannad movie. I cried so much. Poor Nagisa, but.. poor Tomoya, too. Hopefully there's a bit more that explains the Ushio girl and the Tomoya robot in the anime and hopefully they will succeed in making a miracle, but we shall see. It makes sense, though, as to why Robot chose to be born with Nagisa-Ushio girl. <3

No comments: